There are four types of professionals working in Arlington - those who take the Metro, those who walk, those who carpool and those who drive. For those of us who drive, what is the best way to keep our vehicle clean when constantly on the go? If you think about it, your car, truck, van or SUV is kind of your office before you get to you office, so shouldn’t we strive to keep it neat? Many times, that breakfast or coffee for you turns into a meal for your interior as well – in the form of spills and crumbs. Basically, a lot can happen to your interior over weekday commutes.
We are Capitol Shine - professional auto detailers with locations in Arlington, Washington, D.C. and Bethesda, MD. With the number of vehicles we see on a daily basis, it's clear no two vehicles are alike. However, we've assembled a small list of simple items that can help prevent a dirty interior and save you a headache in the future.
1) Keep a small trash bag in your car: Believe it or not, there are small trash and litter bags available for your vehicle. These are reusable and come in a variety of colors and patterns so as not to look tacky. Simply have your kids or guests put their collective trash in this pouch and empty at the end of the day. These bags are available at a number of local retailers like auto stores.
2) Keep a car organizer. A car organizer can neatly fit in your trunk and has many pockets for extra napkins, wet wipes, snacks, water bottles, sunglasses, tire pressure gauges, upholstery cleaners, jumper cables and more. They also come in a variety of styles – large ones for the trunk, ones with straps for the back of the seat and even some in the style of a center armrest.
3) Make a habit of taking something out every time you leave. This action item works well for many people. Chances are that every time you get out of your car, there is a trash can nearby. Make a habit of taking those receipts, dirty napkins and breakfast wrappers out when you get out for work, your home or a fuel stop.
3) Vacuum. Vacuuming is always helpful to pick up crumbs and dirt that are not too embedded into the carpet. Whether you use your own vacuum or let a professional auto detailer like Capitol Shine do the job, it is a great way to quickly take care of messes. However, if dirt, mud or other items have been smashed into the carpet, your vehicle may require an...
4) Interior Shampoo. Not only will an interior shampoo help get up dirt and debris embedded into the seats and carpet, but it will also aid in removing odors. Capitol Shine has concentrated chemicals specially designed to get almost anything out:
5) Apply a protective interior coating. Preventative measures always work best. At Capitol Shine, we offer protective coatings for both interior and exteriors. One of our interior coatings, Ceramic Pro, can be applied to upholstery, leather, plastic, suede, rubber and more. These coatings are stain and spill repellent, allowing liquids to bead up on the top surface, which makes for easier cleanup. Our Ceramic Pro interior coating is also UV resistant and extremely durable. We welcome you to come see what all the hype is about when it comes to protective coatings.
We know you’re busy, so if you don't have time to clean your vehicle yourself, we're here to help and make it convenient for you. Have other questions on maintaining your vehicle’s interior? We’re here to help!