ShopChamber is a business initiative designed by the Arlington Chamber of Commerce to encourage member-to-member business, referrals and support for Arlington businesses. But what does this mean for you? How can this help your Arlington business grow?
Whether you're planning an event, buying or remodeling a home, renting and furnishing an office, seeking tax or legal advice, going out to dinner, or shopping, our members offer excellent products and services for all your professional and personal needs, and we want you to choose member businesses whenever possible when searching for local services. For example, an Arlington Community Federal Credit Union employee was purchasing a car from Mercedes-Benz of Arlington and shared that it was a direct result of them hosting a Business After Business she attended. When we “shop” our local community, and specifically Chamber members, we directly promote and stimulate a strong and vibrant local economy. Members constantly refer other members, but ShopChamber helps brand the initiative. This helps everyone!
Benefits of ShopChamber
- Grow your business with ShopChamber: Increase your visibility and become better known. People do business with people they know, like, and trust.
- Connect with your community: Get involved and maximize your exposure, build relationships with your fellow Chamber members, and attract new visitors.
- Strengthen our local economy: Help create local jobs and keep money and investments in our community.
- Create buzz online! Use the hashtag #ShopARL on all of your social media outlets every time you shop at a local member retail location, attend an event at a member business, or refer a friend to an Arlington business.
- Develop a special promotion for fellow Chamber members and upload your coupon on the website.This will help encourage other members to ShopChamber as well.
- Write an informational or how-to post for the Chamber blog during your ShopChamber month or anytime you have an idea you think would be interesting to other people. The Chamber blog is a great way to establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry. Each month on the Chamber website we will spotlight members within a particular industry to make it easier to find those businesses that fit the ShopChamber category. February is Business & Professional Services month. Upcoming ShopChamber months include:
- March: Nonprofits / Fundraising
- April: Home & Garden / Personal Services
- May: Arts & Culture
- June: Travel & Tourism
- July: Auto / Industrial
- August: Government / Education
- September: Real Estate / Construction
- October: Communications / Information Technology (IT)
- November: Health Care / Fitness
- December: Retail / Restaurant
- January: Financial Services
If you ever have any questions about ShopChamber, myself and the rest of the staff are here to help you. Don’t hesitate to reach out.