Change can be overwhelming and difficult. Concentrate on what you will gain with change - not what you will lose. Below are seven ways you can make a change this year to accomplish your goals and become more effective in your personal and professional life.
- Set your goal. Be specific.
- Examine why you want to make a the change. It will help you identify a course of action.
- Write down what you will gain when you reach your goal.
- Look at yourself objectively to become more self-aware. Your own defenses may be blocking you.
- Ask a close trusted friend for feedback. It is mandatory to get out of your own head. Being in our heads traps us into seeing few options.
- Don’t make assumptions. List the facts of where you, what you want to change and how you will get there. Just the facts. Not what you “assume”.
- Visualize yourself with the new change implemented. To stay on course of getting there, think about how you will feel when you reach your goal.
Making the change you want takes time and commitment, but you can do it! Just remember that no one is perfect – you will have occasional lapses. Be kind to yourself and congratulate yourself for positive steps – no matter how small! Don’t try to make a the change all at one time as it is a process that is accomplished in stages.
Now with these tips you can get back to tackling those resolutions you set for yourself in the new year!